Mud College Farmstead is a growing sustainable farm near Gettysburg. We don’t treat our plants or animals with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, antibiotics, or herbicides. We are able to grow healthy food and productive landscapes by taking a good dose of inspiration from permaculture. The name “Mud College” comes from a nearby historical landmark and craft guild, while playfully pointing to our agrarian and ecologically-minded bent.
We began operations in February 2016 on our family farm, passed down through 3 generations.
680 King Rd Gettysburg, PA 17325
Stuff we could use that you might be looking to get rid of
- Food and food waste … we take it all. Either people, animals, or plants will eat it 🙂
- wood (e.g., 2×4’s, plywood) and pallets
- fencing material (wire, chicken wire, etc.)
- Buckets, milk jugs, and other large plastic containers
- Used disposable cups, yogurt containers, seedling planters, etc.
- Egg cartons and plastic fruit clamshell style containers